Tech tips from your wonderful IT Department:
- Chromebook charging but won't turn on? Try holding the Refresh+Power keys at the same time for about 10-15 seconds. If it doesn't turn on after that take it to the Media Specialist and have them put in a work order on it.
- IT Work Orders Reminder - Remember when you enter IT work orders to select IT and not Maintenance and Grounds. :)
- Google Calendar - You can switch between day, week, month, and year view by pressing D, W, M, or Y.
- Gmail - Insert a TAB - To insert a "tab" character in Gmail (to shift a line or part of a line to the right), the TAB key won't work. But ALT + 009 does!
N E W S AND U P D A T E S:
Buck The System (BTS) Schedule
- CCHS Teacher Training November 19th - all day
- McKinley Teacher Training December 18th - all day
- Lincoln Teacher Training December 10th - all day
- Other Schools - Still TBD.
- FREE CLASSES - Principal Seminar, Using Campus Community, Campus Learning for Teachers: https://cicesp.com/CICLL_Free_Classes_2019.asp
1945 Release scheduled for November 15th 10:00 PM
- Secretary Meeting December 20th at 2 pm - Admin
Parchment - Transcript Services
We have contracted with Parchment for transcript services. Subscription Service for our current students will have endless ability to order their transcripts and all records in conjunction with the transcripts: meaning letters of recommendations and supplemental documents such as teacher records, school profile. All records mentioned have a "0" charge when ordering. As well as alumni transcripts.
Alumni Transactions - Alumni can also order, however they will be charged $15 per request.
Service District Records Management which means the following: Third Parties are allowed to request transcripts for Verifications and Employer/Graduation Verifications. We have started to set up access in Infinite Campus for etranscripts (still waiting on a few areas to be configured).
September Tech Tip Mystery Prize Winner:
Dorothy Day! She wins a $10 Gift Card to 16th Street Cafe. Congrats!
(How can you win a future prize? Keep reading tech tips...)