Tech tips from your IT Department:
- Work order Tips... help us help you FASTER!
- Screen shots are REALLY helpful! You can email us the screen shot or add an attachment to the work order. (see the attachment area in school dude.)
- Enter as many details as you can! Location of what system you are having the problem in and where it is located in the system.
- Make sure you select the correct WORK TYPE.
- IT Work Orders, who is in charge of what?
- Shaun Kohl: Network / Phone / or other cabling requests, All issues and requests related to district issued cell phones, Requests to disable or modify any student or staff account, Any general request, For general questions or requests that do not fall within any of the existing Work Types, All requests for new staff and student accounts (primarily used by IT), All issues or requests related to blocking or whitelisting
- Hunter Dean-Moore: All requests for data backups, restorations, or requests to move data between accounts
All issues or requests related to district fax machines, Mostly used by IT. Issues and requests related to district high level network hardware and systems including wireless access points, network switches, routers, firewalls, etc., All issues and requests related to network security including file and folder permissions, access to applications, network system security configurations, firewall configurations, intrusion detection and prevention, cyber security, etc., All issues and requests for network wired and wireless connections by mobile, desktop, laptop, and other wireless or wired technology devices, All issues or requests related to district video surveillance cameras, ID check-in systems, etc., Primarily used by IT. Issues or requests related to district servers, All issues or requests related to district telephone system including voicemail
- Kristen Solano: All requests for checking out district IT equipment, All requests for acquiring or purchasing new technology. Must include budget code if ordering new technology (e.g. hardware, software, online subscriptions, etc.)
- Elizabeth Gamache: All issues or requests related to district managed web sites, All issues and requests related to Infinite Campus,
All issues and requests related to data extracts, data manipulation, cleanup, etc. for districts backend database systems (e.g. IC, VersaTrans, Nutrition POS, etc.)
- Mike Fry: SQLman, superpowers include the ability to sit without moving for long periods of time and a general air of dull confusion. In charge of data things magically appearing here and there and everywhere. All issues and requests related to data extracts, data manipulation, cleanup, etc. for districts backend database systems (e.g. IC, VersaTrans, Nutrition POS, etc.)
- Mike Helfrich: All requests for technology professional development courses / training for staff,
All issues or requests related to any existing, district owned desktop software application or online subscription. This would include: All issues and requests related to desktop computer issues, All issues and requests related to Chromebook devices
All issues or requests for district Google Email system, All issues or requests related to Windows Laptops (Not
All issues or requests for miscellaneous technology peripherals (e.g. barcode scanners, desktop scanners, document cameras, docking stations, keyboards, mice, webcams, etc.), All issues or requests related to district issued printers or multi-function photocopiers
All issues or requests related to district or school owned projectors, All issues or requests related to district owned document scanners
All issues or requests for district owned TV display panels, TV carts, interactive displays,
- Chase Welchlen: Chromebook repairs and general work orders when technology is not working.
- Daniel Coppa: All Instructional Technology requests, All issues or requests related to Instructional Technology
- Deanna Padilione: All Instructional Technology requests, All issues or requests related to Instructional Technology
N E W S AND U P D A T E S:
Buck The System (BTS) Schedule
New Positions in IT
- New Position Hire - On March 8th, we have a new person joining our team. Juli LaBadie will be in charge of helping problem solve computer problems and will also help with the district and school websites. We are excited to have Juli join our team!
- Congratulations to Kristen Solano, our Techology Programs Assistant, who has accepted the Administrative Secretary position in Human Resources. She has been a wonderful asset in our department and we will miss her! We will now be hiring for this position, if you are interested in being part of the Technology Department please apply!
Our web selection group got together to select a new web site system
. We have selected CampusSuite
and will be converting our current web sites over the next few months with a projected Go Live date of July (date may change once we dive into this process). What does this mean?
All websites will be on a new platform and the look and the feel of all of our web sites will be more up to date. We had some needs that were not being met with our current Edlio system and made sure that CampusSuite would meet these needs. Elizabeth Gamache will be in contact with principals and directors to get their new web site up and going before July with up to date information and pictures. Training for the new website will be held over the summer (Dates TBD).
- ITC dept. has been working on reviewing completed PD courses and assigning digital badges. We are close to rolling out Classroom Badge posters that teachers will be able to display their badges.
- Deanna and I have been taking part in district-wide instructional building reviews and we are seeing some fantastic instruction utilizing devices!
- ITC dept is continuing to provide support for staff in the areas of blended learning and 1:1 device implementation.
Adobe Flash Not Supported
Need Training? CIC offers classes and training, some of these are free and online. Check them out!
Course Catalog Options:
- Other Options:
- Elizabeth Gamache is available for training in Infinite Campus for individuals or groups across the district in all areas of Infinite Campus. Gradebook, Instruction, Messenger, Modules, Adhoc... etc.